Public/Private Schools and Programs
The Suquamish Museum Education Department invites School and Program based groups to visit. All ages are welcome, from pre-school through life-long learners. The Ancient Shores - Changing Tides permanent exhibit shares the history and culture of the Suquamish People. A changing exhibit gallery will present topical learning opportunities, call to learn about the up-coming scheduled exhibits.
The Ethno-botanical garden and demonstration areas will offer hands-on learning labs (available for programming later in 2012).
- Tours must be booked at least two weeks in advance of visit
- Tours available Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, 10 am - 3 pm
- Minimum 10 students to qualify for Group Admission rate; Maximum 60 students
- Talk to Tour Scheduling about other opportunities in the Suquamish Community for larger than 60 student groups
- $20 non-refundable fee required to hold reservation; fee applied against total tour cost the day of visit
- Guided tours approximately 1 hour (30 minute tour version also available)
- Teachers, Chaperones, Drivers not charged admission
The Suquamish community includes many historic and contemporary sites that may augment the visit to the museum, including, the historic waterfront home of the Suquamish - Old Man House Park, the new Suquamish House of Awakened Culture, the St. Peter's Mission Church Cemetery and gravesite of Suquamish Chiefs Seattle and Wahalchu, the Cowling Creek Center and much more.
A perfect solution for larger than 60 student groups; rotate students by splitting the group to tour the museum and enjoy what else Suquamish has to offer. The Museum Tour Scheduler can assist in setting the schedule timetable. The cultural sites are un-guided and within walking distance of the Museum (but ask us for literature to help enrich your experience). The Cowling Creek Education Center offers guided experiences and is a short 5 minute bus ride from the Museum.
Contact us to learn more about the available resources to maximize the learning experience and facilitate ease of access.
For more information on school tour programming contact: To Schedule a Museum Tour contact:
Joey Holmes, School & Docent Program Facilitator Kathy Pondelick, School & Group Tour Scheduler
(360) 394-8693 (360) 394-8499